August 30, 2009

Web Services Challenge 2009

The Web Services Challenge 2009 had been situated at the CEC/EEE conference in Vienna from 20th - 22nd July. We had 9 accepted papers and 7 participants. Sadly enough, 2 participants quit the competition without giving any reasons. We had participants from the following countries:
  • USA
  • China
  • South Korea
  • Slovakia
  • Netherlands
The competition progressed smoothly and we had a clear result at the end of the competition (Link). This year we had a high percentage of reliable and fast systems. 4 systems had been able to solve all test sets and also in acceptable time. It is a pity that one system produced valid solutions in all test sets but the result did not win any points. All these systems operated for all test sets in milliseconds and build a high entry barrier for all composition systems still to come.

I would like to say thanks to all participants. It had been nice to meet all of you after a long time of sole e-mail communication. Hopefully, you had been as satisfied with the proceedings of the challenge as I am. I really enjoyed our conversations both at the welcome reception and conference dinner. I got a good impression of the requests of the participants and I will use it to improve the WS-Challenge in the future years.

Finally, I want to list some WSC related links:

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, could you please tell me where I can download the dataset?

    ReplyDelete